As I mentioned in my previous post, I am in search of ideas on how to dress up my pendant lights. I actually have 8 lights to dress up in the house and so I need LOTS of ideas. I love paper and I have lots just lying around the house so I compiled interesting paper shade ideas for my pleasure and yours.
Quick and easy DIY with instructions:
1. Steal the secret ingredient of interior and furniture designer Nichole Loiacono and recreate this dreamy, fluffy white paper lantern.
2. Add interesting details to your plain, white Ikea lantern from CraftyNest.
3. A video tutorial from Traveling Mama. These weren’t created with lights considered but I guess you can easily make adjustments to accommodate a bulb.
4. Easily add a pop of color by adding colored tissues to your lanterns via Martha Stewart.
5. Create a 3D modern light shade out of the simplest things that you can buy online or in your nearest supermarket and homewares store. via Cutoutandkeep
6. I am inlove with this simple die-cut falling leaves shade by Patricia Zapata
Origami Inspired Lamp Shades:
7. Origami lamp shade design by Tomoko Fuse. Folded instructions included.
8. Another origami lamp shade with instructions.
9. Not exactly origami, but there’s still folding involved from Craftster.org
DIY-able but requires patience and time:
10. This drum shade is designed by zipper8lighting at Etsy. It utilizes hundred of of pieces of folded paper. It reminds me of paper fortune tellers we used to make back in grade school.
11. Another creative lamp using scrap paper strip by graphic designer Gabrielle Guy. via ScrapHacker
12. This is a unique paper lamp shade by Cut & Paste. via FurnitureSides
13. And my favorite of them all–Wanessa Carolina’s rolled paper lamp. I’m a definitely going to steal this idea for our living room light! So pretty!
Paper lamp design ideas:
14 and 15. Design ideas from DeLuxe Interior
16. Paper lamp by Carl Zahn via CubeMe
17. VARMLUFT from Ikea
And if you love paper lamps but don’t have the guts to make one, buy one instead. These are my gorgeous finds from Etsy.
I absolutely love origami lamps. I tried doing a simple tulip origami (following the steps in YouTube) and gave up halfway. Someday when I have the patience, I will do try again. But for now, I’ll drool over these Etsy finds.
18 and 19. Fiber Lab’s Etsy store.
20 and 21. Studio Snowpuppe. I super love their pastel color origami lamps as well as their pastel colored textile cables. Quite pricey though. I wish I could figure out how to do this myself.
22. Coral lamp by Berlin designers in Studio Aisslinger via CubeMe. Any idea how you can DIY this?
23. Cup’o Lights via Yanko Design
24. Tetra Box light via Yanko Design
25. Bulbous Handmade Paper Lamps By Paula Arntzen Hang Like Glowing Sculptures via Inhabitat
I hope you found your inspiration. 🙂 By the way, check out my version of DIY paper light shade here.