I’m 38 weeks tomorrow, 2cm dilated and getting more and more impatient especially now that I have finished adding a touch of feminine hues in our bedroom. I just cannot wait to deliver this baby. If only my back weren’t killing me, I would be walking all day long.
Anyway, after days of stalling, I finally finished Kenya’s pillow cases. (I’m not sure if I mentioned it yet but the baby’s name is Bree Kenya.) I didn’t want to buy ready-made covers from department stores because I hate how everything is pink with cartoon characters on them. I want something that looks like designer linens but of course, I can’t afford it.
I remembered that I had this gray and white polka dot kitchen towels (P99.75/pair) that I found in Landmark a year ago. The fabric reminds me of Serena’s (Gossip Girl) headboard and I knew I had to make them into throw pillow covers. I’m glad I didn’t because it’s perfect for Kenya’s pillows. I love how it goes so well with coral fabric.
I’m a total novice when it comes to sewing so please bear with my messy stitches. Below is how I did it. I kept the length of the fabric as is since the size of the kitchen towel was just right for the little bolster pillow. I also kept the existing seams because I’m lazy and all! Also, if you noticed, I stitched the fabric ribbon from the outside because I didn’t watch this video so I didn’t know how to turn a narrow fabric tube inside out.
For the head pillow, I used less than half a yard of 100% cotton fabric (P200/yard) that I bought from Cloth Craft, my fave store in Market!Market! It’s a simple envelop pillow case since I don’t want to risk poking Kenya’s head with a zipper lock or button. You can check out The Happy Housie for a tutorial on how to sew an envelop pillow case. I curved the edges of mine to follow the pillow’s contours.
And here’s Kenya’s set of pillows again! Sophisticated yet cute and girly, just the way I like it! Hehe!